Like Mariam's Creations on Facebook

Friday, 1 September 2017

Granny Spiration Challenge of September 2017: the Crocheted turban




Hurray, it’s the Granny Spiration Challenge Bloghop and Linkup for September!

What did I make? Again it’s an old project, but practical so I really want to share this with you:

a turban from Head Huggers
Last year I was suffering from terrible headaches, my head felt cold, not on the inside but as if my brain was freezing. Not nice at all. I looked for solutions and the thing that helped really me was wearing a hat. At home I wore a hat from fleece. I couldn’t wear it in official places and at work. So I looked on the internet for a hat to crochet and actually it is an adult chemo cap. * Please note this is a free pattern and shouldn’t be used for sale purposes!* In near future I am going to make some hats for the (Dutch Facebook group: Fighting Cancer (https://www.facebook.com/groups/fightingcancerNL/)
I found one which is crocheted with a granny stitch. And even better: it is finished within three hours!
resultaat Mariam.jpg
This pic was used for another blog: http://www.recycleandcreate.com/2017/02/van-warmetruiendag-in-nederland-naar.html (still have to translate the blog in English and German though…)
There you can find some information for donating turbans too.
For my German and Dutch Granny Spiration blog I was allowed to translate the pattern and I promised to send the organization the links of my blogs.
The good news is: wearing the hat helped me sooo much. I’m now in the position that I don’t need to wear it anymore. I’m good now.
Every first Saturday of the month a few international blogs show their project inspired by granny squares.
For more inspiration please also stop by our other co-hosts

Get inspired by a bloghop (following beneath) on Alexandra's blog  (Granny's Stashbusting Tissue Box Cover - Free Crochet Pattern, a Rafflecopter giveaway https://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2017/08/grannys-stashbusting-tissue-box-cover.html) there's a link party and a give away!


What did the hosts make last month?

If you have some (old or new) crochet projects with granny squares you want to share with us, go ahead (and click on the link below)
The top 3 most viewed posts of the Granny Spiration Challenge for August are
collage.JPG

September's Giveaway is sponsored by Eyeloveknots
One winner will be gifted three granny square crochet patterns via Ravelry. Patterns include: Granny Square Skirt by Doris Chan (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crochet-granny-square-skirt), the Skysail Top by Elena Fedotova (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/skysail) and the Edna Valley Cardigan by Lena Skvagerson (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/edna-valley-cardigan).


Facebook group EyeloveKnots Crafting Community
You are most welcome to join the Facebook group too:
community.JPG
The September link up
will open September 2 at 12am EST, and run through midnight on Friday, September 18th.
We are anxious to see your creations!